Thursday, September 3, 2009

Introduction

On this blog I plan to post visualizations and information based on data from Kiva.org, an awesome micro-lending organization (that I am not affiliated with). Kiva released large amounts of data through publicly available APIs in the beginning of 2009, and I've been playing with their data for several months now. I've already put together charts, maps, statistics, and a SQL interface on my website, KivaData.org.

This blog is for introducing some new ideas, and hopefully generating some discussions about the information. My goal is to post some new information at least once a week. If there's any information you're curious about, please don't hesitate to ask. I am always looking for opportunities to collaborate with other people.

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested in seeing a map showing the location of each of my current kiva loans. I've got quite a number at this point and when I'm looking at new loans, one of the things I consider is geographic diversity. It would be a lot easier to just look at a map that shows current distribution of my active loans, then I'd know immediately which areas to target. Do you know of any apps that would do this? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete